We have seen first hand, volume of phone calls, that Microsoft’s latest and greatest update can cause major confusion and loss of time in the work place.
- Microsoft Office Word icon will be replaced with the default Microsoft WordPad icon.
- Adobe PDF icon replaced with Microsoft Edge equivalent.
The Fix: (This example is for Microsoft Word, but can be used for any program icon)
- On your desktop, right click on a document icon that originally used Microsoft Word.
- Then click on “Properties”.
- Click on the grey button that says “Change”.
- Click on Microsoft Word.
- Click “OK”.
- Click on the “Apply” button.
- Click on the “OK” button.
- Yeh! You are now finished! Repeat these steps for any other program.